2020 Season Information
The 2020 rugby season officially starts in April and ends in August.
Saturday Games Times are as follows:
- U6 – 8:30am
- U7 and U8 – 9:15am
- U9 & U10 – 10:15am
- U11 to U13* – 11:30am *NB: that last games are at 11:30am but for the U13’s, games can be always scheduled for 1pm – if necessary. U13 games may be scheduled up to 1pm depending on the Auckland Rugby Union Draw.
NB: COMPULSORY AUCKLAND RUGBY WEIGH IN SESSION TO BE HELD AT SHORE ROAD CLUBROOMS FOR ALL U8-U13 PLAYERS.
Four sessions only and they are no longer run by the Club – they are run by Auckland Rugby officials. No weigh-in, no play.
– Sunday 23 February 10:30am – 12pm
– Saturday 7 March 10:30am – 12pm
– Thursday 12 March 4:45pm – 5:45pm
– Tuesday 9 June 5:15pm – 5:45pm
– Wednesday 10 June 5:15pm – 5:45pm
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE SEASON:
- Registrations open – 21 January
- Rippa Rugby Fun Day – Sunday 8 March 10am – 12 Noon (Under 6 & Under 7 only)
- Pre-season training – as agreed with individual Coaches
- Club day – Saturday 20 June (morning) Shore Rd Reserve
- Coaching and Refereeing Courses – http://grammarjuniors.org.nz/coaching-referee-courses/
- Coaches, Managers, Referees function – Postponed – Shore Rd Clubrooms
- Rugby Season commences – Saturday 27 June
- City versus Country Challenge Shield (vs Bombay) – TBC
- Ron Williams Tournament (U9) – TBC
- Team Photos – TBC
- Grammar Juniors vs Pakuranga Shield Challenge – TBC but 2020 hosted at Grammar Juniors
- Annual club dinner – TBC
- Season finishes – Saturday 19 September
- End of season Prizegiving function – TBC
- Junior Rugby Finals Day (U12 & U13) – TBC
- Taupo Tournament – 19 – 22 September
- Queenstown Tournament – 27 – 29 September
- Grammar Juniors AGM – TBC